Re: Tohsiba Satellite - screen size in text mode

On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 06:57:59PM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I have a Toshiba Satellite 4000CDT (TFT screen).  In text mode only the middle
> part of the screen is visible, though in graphics mode the whole screen is used.
> There is an option in Hardware Setup to stretch the screen, but this gives the
> same number of lines, with double spacing.
>
> This isn't really a Linux problem, because the same thing happens in DOS. But is
> there any linux program that can enable the use of the whole screen?

If you enabled "LCD Stretching" in the hardware setup, it will use
the whole screen, from memory. To get into the hardware setup, either
use the utility in Windows 95, or hold escape when powering the machine
one or rebooting.

Works on my 310CDS anyway.

Hamish