P/S 2 Mice

  From:
        "Jeff Browning" <jbrownin@hotmail.com>

Hey all,

My friend has installed Debian on his computer. He has a P/S 2 mouse.
It
wont work in X or in the normal shell with GPM. How would you get a P/S
2 mouse working in Linux? Are there any packages we need to install?
TIA!
First of all try making a sim link
ln -s /dev/psaux /dev/mouse

Run the XF86Setup or XF86Config programs again and specify /dev/psaux
as the mouse device.

May have to load a module or recompile the kernel if you don't have
ps2 mouse support built in.

Finally ... maybe the port on your motherboard is broken.  I had one
computer with a busted ps2 mouse port, ended up pluging in an old
logitek bus mouse card.