Re: WP 8 problem

On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Dave Swegen wrote:

> What do you mean useless? If you want a fully functional word processor with
> all the extra bells and whistles go download bloaty-hog staroffice. I find it
> rather amazing that people complain about something they paid nothing for.
> Granted they might have made it clearer that those functions are only
> available in the paid-for version. So don't be so bloody ungrateful and cheap
> - go and buy the full version (which doesn't cost an extortionate amount of
>   money) if you want those features. "Useless" my arse...

Agreed. WP8 is MUCH faster than StarOffice and does not seem to be as much
a resource hog. Some functions are disabled, but not the ones I use. I
can't wait for the rest of the Corel suite to show up. Now that there is
some competition in the Linux market, maybe we will get better
performance in future versions.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!