Re: Unwanted apostrophes with X11

> Hi,
>
> I have a weird problem with X11: every so often I get an unwanted
> character ` when I press some other key, followed by the character I
> actually pressed.  Where should I look to try and fix this?
>
> Also the server is prone to crashing (/dev/psaux busy) when I switch
> back from a Linux console to X11 with ALT F7.
>
> Super VGA server driving a Matrox Millennium II AGP card.

Not that it helps much, but I also have the ` problem, whith a diamond
viper 330 agp card.  I am suspecting the keyboard actually.  Sometimes
the keyboard stops working altogether until I remove and  then reconnect
the connector.  It is a ps2 style `windows 98' keyboard (whatever that
means).

Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032