Re: Debian too difficult, Red Hat?

Richard E Hawkins Esq writes:

Richard> No, it's that their full extent is a pita (hmm, i don't mean to speak
Richard> for manuel).

	Really, I don't see why.

>> From a command line, -h is quicker & easier than --help, etc. And I'm
Richard> not even going to start on the info rather than man nonsense . . .

	Gnu stuff often provides both short and long options. Long options are
usually easier to remind when you've not been using the app for a long time.

>> It's hard to return to `standard' tools once you've tried the GNU version.
>> Especially the fileutils, binutils, auto*tools etc.

Richard> It's also hard to go back to GNU once you've used the FreeBSD
Richard> versions :)

	Fair enough. I don't know FreeBSD...

--
    /     /   _   _       Didier Verna        http://www.inf.enst.fr/~verna/