Re: Short scripts

On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 10:52:06AM -0700, John Greer wrote:
> I know that there has to be an easy way to do this but i thought that I
> would ask anyway.  How do I create a short script file similar to a
> DOS batch file?  I would like to be able to have a link to pon that
> would run pon and then run another app if pon is successful.  Is
> there a simple way to do this?  Thanks for the help.

If pon is successful, then pppd is successful. Write a script to start
the other app and place it in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d.  All scripts in that
directory are run if pppd succeeds.

--
  Mike Schmitz     mschmitz@bend-or.com    http://www.bend-or.com/~mschmitz
  Don't blame me - I voted libertarian!    http://www.lp.org/