Re: Problems running Netscape

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Richard Holden wrote:

> The X system appears to working just fine. But, when I try to run Netscape I
> get an error message saying that Netscape can't load "libXpm.so.4". I have
> looked around and determined that libxpm.so.4 exists on my system as a link
> to libXpm.so.4.10.

I had the same problem at first too.  Instead of unzipping the archive you
downloaded from netscape, try copying it to /tmp and then using the
netscape installer which is provided as a debian package (in the web
section, under either contrib or non-free).  Install this package, and it
should set up netscape for you correctly.
Hope this helps...

      _ ( _           Cliff Crawford          cjc26@cornell.edu
    /  `''  \         http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26
    \       /      To the uneducated, an A is just three sticks.
     \_/^\_/                   --Pooh's Little Instruction Book