Re: Debian too difficult, Red Hat?

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba writes:

Manuel> I don't like GNU either. They're unnecessary complex most of the
Manuel> times

	That's because you don't use them to their full extent. It's hard to
return to `standard' tools once you've tried the GNU version. Especially the
fileutils, binutils, auto*tools etc.

Manuel> and they're too worried about imposing their own standards to others.

	That however is true :-(, and I think this partly explains the number
of projects splits that occured: GNU Emacs/XEmacs, Gcc/Egcs, others, and
Francois Pinard who's sooooo fed up with them that he's probably gonna turn
GNU recode into Free recode, not to speak of others.

--
    /     /   _   _       Didier Verna        http://www.inf.enst.fr/~verna/
 - / / - / / /_/ /      E.N.S.T. INF C201.1      mailto:verna@inf.enst.fr