Re: bitchy 486

Sounds familiar.  I have installed Debian 3 different times and have
seen that error message each time.  I solved it by re-making the
rescue disk.  Got so that I made 2-3 of _each_ disk, just in case.  I
don't think is is Debian, just crappy disks!

HTH

REPLY:
 I thought about the disk being bad, but that same disk boots ok on
another computer.  I'll try a few others anyway.  Also I understand
there are several boot images available, each slightly different for
problem hardware.  Hey I also might try swapping out the floppy disk
drive as I have a few extras!