Re: russian text; perl NEED HELP!!!

On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 11:05:07PM +0400, Eugene Sevinian wrote:
> Hi,
> as I run into this problem and do not how to cope with it,
> I would like to ask somebody who is workig with russian
> just to test whether perl supports sorting  of russian texts.
> Torsten sent me a simple script which was working for him.

Hi

Locales are working. You must check your enviroment variables. All is
manuals (for locales and perl). I attached a simple bash script to help you.
I tested it with <empty>, C, pl_PL and ru_RU values for LANG, LC_ALL and
LC_COLLATE variables ( 4^3 cases ).

Mirek

PS

ru_RU locale has KOI8-R encoding (collating) not iso-8859-5.

#!/bin/bash

if [ -n "$LC_ALL" ] ; then

  collating=$LC_ALL

elif [ -n "$LC_COLLATE" ] ; then