Re: Lowmemory Installation Help

On Sun, 13 Dec, 1998 à 02:32:05PM -0800, Sean wrote:
>     I am currently attempting to install debian 2.0 (hamm) on a
> 486-25MHz computer with 4MB of memory using floppy disks.
[...]
>     Lilo says I have bad disk geometry 0/0/0.  Which is wierd because in
> the partioning program run by the lowmem disk, I had to set the
> cyclinders,head, and sectors through the experts menu.  After writing

It's simpler to give these parameters when prompted for :
hda=826,16,63

or to set them in your bios. If the latter is not possible, you'll have
to had an append line in your /etc/lilo.conf

--
 ( )-   Laurent PICOULEAU                                      -( )
 /~\       lcrpic@a2points.com                                  /~\