RE: Help!!!!!! Package install problems!!!

I  have the same type of CDROM. I used the goldstar cdrom driver (gscd). I
works fine. Try that driver and you should have full access to the CD.

It is possible to use dselect without the the packages file - but I don't
recommend this. I have done it that way and it can lead to problems. When I
did use dselect, I only copied one package file - do to HD space limits. It
will function but you may not find some of your .debs. If you copy the
package file from contrib non of the non-free  packages will be reflected.
Then you would need to dpkg those debs. If you use the DOS or HARDRIVE
installs you will need the full path names that you have saved your debs to.
Packages does need to be in one of the directories listed in your dselect
setup.

Hope this helps. If you want more details let me know.
Rod.....