changing console fonts/kbd

Hi all,
I am working on 3-lingual database and one of the important task
which should be implemented is the friendly user interface for
inputing/editing data. At this moment I am thinkig about how an end users
will change the current language. The way which is discribed in docs is
the running loadkeys, setfont, mapscrn from the command line. However, if
you have already running UI under the console then the command prompt is
not available. Switching to another tty is not good solution for this
case as well as navigating in the UI menu.  Is it possible to solve this
problem using some smart keybindings?

TIA,

Eugene Sevinian

CRD, YerPhI, 375036, Armenia