S3Trio3D

We have upgraded my home-mate's PC recently, he is a real games freak
but also clever enough to wish learning Linux. We couldn't get the
S3Trio3D AGP 4MB work under XFree86. Both SuperProbe and S3 specific
servers couldn't identify the chipset (sorry, I forgot to bring the
error messages to work) but the very little documentation mentions about
new 128 bit 3D acceleration and VirgeGX2 like 2D acceleration. I have
tried to force the xserver to Virge chipsets and generic S3 but couldn't
succeed, also I am not sure I did try it correctly. The only resolution
working was 320x200 of VGA16. Any ideas for more resolution and colors
are welcome.

Thanks already,

Cagdas Ogut