missing header file

Hi,
I'm trying to port a program from HP-UX to Linux, but I seem to be missing
a header file.  This seems kind of strange to me, since the header file is
present in the gcc directories on the HP's, but nowhere is it to be found
on my LInux box.  The header file is generic.h.
Where can I get this?

Second question.  Can someone enlighten me as to the difference between
g++ and egcs, and what is compatible with what?
Thanks

-bob

pavement is precisely one bananosecond---
* Robert Kerr, The morphing guy.  *    368 Clyde Building, BYU       *
* rakerr@sandia.gov               *        Provo, Utah  84602        *
* Robert_Kerr@byu.edu             *      Phone: (801) 378-2029       *
* http://www.et.byu.edu/~kerrr    *      Fax: (801) 378-4449         *