Running seperate eth0 & ppp0 networks

I'm trying to set up my machine to use two networks:

I occasionally access an ISP (who requires that all non-web access is
done only through their modem-banks) on my workstation which is connected
to my academic LAN.

what I wish to do is set up my PPP connection so that (when it is up) all
requests for the ISPs network is routed via ppp0, whilst all other traffic
is routed via eth0

how?

(Assume that my academic lan is the class B 129.1 and my ISP is the class
B 130.2)

many thanks...

     ----** Ian Stuart

Land Rover : A British car that was meant to survive the charge of an
  adult bull rhino and be field-stripped in the jungle with a Leatherman
  and a lump-hammer

               WWW: http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~kiz/