LDAP and Netscape Mail ...

Hi

I'm starting to fiddle arround with a directory server! I'm using umich-ldap
without any changes.

Now I'm trying to configure my netscape to use this directory server to search
for info. I configured netscape with the following parameters:

ldap server: neptuno.sc.uevora.pt
search root: o=Universidade de Evora, c=PT
port number: 389
Max Hits   : 1000

Every time I try to connect i get this :

Failed to bind to 'Teste' due to LDAP error 'Unknown error' (0xFFFFFFFF)

This search was for 'name contains mario'! If I use

10:05:53$  ldapsearch  -b "o=Universidade de Evora, c=PT"
'(cn=*Mario*)'

I get

cn=Mario Filipe, ou=Servico de Computacao, o=Universidade de
Evora, c=PT
objectclass=person
cn=Mario Filipe
mail=mjnf@sc.uevora.pt
mail=mjnf@uevora.pt
member=cn=Teste, o=Universidade de Evora, c=PT

Can someone please help me! Any hints on how to debug this are very welcome!

thank you!

        Mario Filipe
        mjnf@uevora.pt
        http://neptuno.sc.uevora.pt/~mjnf