RE: hardware questions - Promise Ultra DMA 33 + Asus TX97E

Thanks, though I didn't really need it (it is mostly about patching
old kernels).

I got things working by experimenting with the order, jumpering
and master/slave combinations of the drives.
(Quite a lot of combinations, 4 interfaces, 8 ports, 5 drives,
master/slave choice, etc,etc......) At a certain point it just
miraculously worked..

Can't (won't :)) even reproduce the problem now. Strange.

Regards
Felix