shell magic/info

Hello everyone !
  I've been dirtying my hands on how interactive shell programs like smailconfig,
bindconfig (those who ask the user for a choice and execute something for that
choice).
  They always start with that usual executable magic #!/bin/sh .  Does anyone
know of any documentation w/s can guide us how to write custom programs ?  My
concern is actually to write a program that will prompt a user 4 or 5 inputs
only, (pon, poff, elm, quit) then make it as her default login shell, that way,
i dont give her a fully interactive shell (and a potential security hole for
my feline friend).
  Thanks a lot in advance.
Sib

INXS: if not at all that busy, i really would like a template script, w/ only
2 choices, a pointer on where/how do i start.

A world of Information. The journey begins here. At Home.
Internet Cebu's web based mail. http://www.i-mailbox.net