Re: Problem compiling the kernel

On Sat, Dec 12, 1998 at 08:06:56PM +0000, Allens wrote:
> Hi,
> I am at the moment trying to build the kernel (2.0.34) I have configured it
> (make xconfig, then ran make mrproper as advised by a post in the mail archives
> on this problem, and then done make zImage, and it comes up with this error
> after a long time:

You should not do 'make mrproper' _after_ 'make xconfig' since it
removes .config (among other stuff). do 'make mrproper' first, _then_
'make xconfig', 'make dep', 'make clean', 'make zImage' (and 'make
modules modules_install if you have any modules).

+         Peter Granroth         +  Microsoft is NOT the answer  +
+ mailto:devnull@granroth.ml.org +   Microsoft is the question   +
+     http://granroth.ml.org     +       The answer is NO        +