Re: Network cards.

Brent McMillan <bamcmill@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca> writes:

> 	I'll be setting up a network between my linux box and 2 other
> machines for a cable modem.  I hear that there are some network cards
> that just don't work for linux.  Crazy I know, but that's the rumour.
> Does any one know off any cards I should avoid or any they would
> recomend?  Thanks.

I believe Donald Becker <becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov> said that he
believes that every 10/100 Mbps ethernet card on the market is now
supported for Linux.  :-)

You have to be pretty unlucky to find a card that doesn't work.  I
usually just buy cheap 10 Mbps NE2000 clones.  It depends on your
application.

Cheers,

 - Jim