Re: X is giving me a headache.

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 03:22:21PM -0500, MallarJ@aol.com wrote:
> Then, I thought I'd take a stab at compiling the source code for KDE.  BIG
> mistake.  Evidently, I don't have all the X includes it needs, and damned if
> it'll tell me what they are - it (./configure) just says they aren't there.  I
> started to just grab them from the XFree86 site, but I'm not sure what to get,
> or if I really need all 140M worth of X11 source just to compile KDE.
>
> So, I thought I'd try Window Maker, since I've seen references to it here and
> there in this list.  Well, I'm in just about the same boat - no binaries on
> the Window Maker site, and the source compile instructions say I need the X
> includes.  Hurumphf...

include files for X are in xlib6g-dev.
Include files are generally provided by packages with
a name ending in -dev.
Remember that to find in which Debian package a file
is you have to grep in the 'Contents' file in your
Debian distribution:

	zgrep usr/include/X11 /cdrom/debian/hamm/Contents-i386.gz

-Michele