qmail on dial-up ppp

Hi every1.

I've reinstalled hamm on my machine (after I've hosed init) and I decided to give smail a try for a change (from sendmail8.8) but when I procmail it gets bounced.  I exactly can't describe it but I think it has something to do with permissions. I've check the permissions on /var/spool/mail and all seems fine AFAIK.

Now I gave qmail a shot. I thought it will be better but, when I run
./qmail-config I was disappointed when the script didn't find my FQDN because
I really don't have one.

Please help me.  (any qmail gurus out there?)  master.debian.org runs qmail,
right?

TIA.

Richard L. Alhama
Technical Support Group