Re: less shows fortune

In article <cistron.19981211144526.A13044@sos.ethz.ch>,
Stef Hoesli Wiederwald  <debian@sos.ethz.ch> wrote:
>Since I put these lines
>
>echo "\n"
>fortune -a
>echo ""
>
>in /etc/profile and /etc/csh.cshrc, less gives me a fortune and the
>newlines instead of the contents of a file:
>
>sos:~> less ei
>

>The two party system ... is a triumph of the dialectic.  It showed that
>two could be one and one could be two and had probably been fabricated
>by Hegel for the American market on a subcontract from General Dynamics.
>                -- I.F. Stone
>
>lesspipe.sh: Command not found.

You made a typo. Somehow the "fortune" command, and the echos, got
into the definitions of the LESSPIPE command.

There probably a mismatched quote somewhere, or something similar.

Post /etc/profile and /etc/csh.cshrc here, the error should be obvious
to spot

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?