[Q] send/procmail permissions

Hi,

Could anyone with a working sendmail/procmail setup please help me out?
I do understand that procmail is decidedly picky about mail spool
permissions, but what are the correct settings? I've been trying
every conceivable combination, but procmail keeps readjusting mailbox
ownership and renaming existing user files to 'Bogus.[pid]'.

This is what I got out of the box (Debian Linux Hamm, Kernel v.2.0.34):

  sendmail v.8.8.8
  -rwsr-xr-x   1 root     root       287420 Jun 23 10:39 /usr/sbin/sendmail

  procmail v.3.11pre7
  -rwsr-sr-x   1 root     mail        57536 May 13  1998 /usr/bin/procmail

  /var/spool/mail
  drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mail         1024 Dec  8 15:38 mail

Any help appreciated.

Michael