Re: backpack CD on Toshiba laptop

Hi!

}-> Anyone willing to educate me on how to mount a parallel port CD in
}-> Linux?
}->
}-> All the HOWTO's, FAQ-O-MATIC's and FAQ pages for both Debian and Linux
}-> that I can find say things like "after mounting an external CD device
}-> through the parallel port..." without ever actually telling me HOW to
}-> mount the doggone thing.
}->
}-> Since this particular laptop doesn't have a built in CD and the only
}-> PCMCIA NIC I currently have is a Xircom and thus not supported by the
}-> installation drivers.  The CD is so that I can get access to the
}-> LinuxPress distribution CD and install the aditional PCMCIA support sot
}-> hat _then_ I can go online and get everything else installed.

hmmm, i´ve never used a parallelport-cdrom but i think this should work like
a par-port-zip with the possible exception of an ide-cdrom (the zip works
like an scsi)

i don´t know if there´s par-port-ide support in 2.0-kernels but in 2.1 (IIRC)
 - maybe in 2.0.36, too

until next mail ;)

Peter
--
      :       student of technical computer science        :