Re: ??? playing cd's in cdplayer ???

IN order to use audio CD's with debian you need to add yourself
to two groups.  First the audio group to get access to /dev/dsp
etc so you can hear sound.  Secondly you need to be part of the
disk group to get access to disks other than the linux partions.

So as root, use the following commands:

adduser username audio
adduser username disk

where username is your login name.  (sorry if I am making this
too obvious)

On the bit about sound, as far as I know you have to recompile
the kernel.  The only other possible way would be if you use the
command:

modconf

and see if you install a sound module for your card.  I dont
think this is actually possible though, as sound is not able to
be a module (as far as I know).

John