Re: less shows fortune

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 02:45:26PM +0100, Stef Hoesli Wiederwald wrote:

> lesspipe.sh: Command not found.
>

> When I take out the three lines from /etc/csh.cshrc, I still get this
> lesspipe.sh: Command not found. error message, but after that the
> contents of the file are displayed.
>
> What could that be?
( -> man less )
less tries to run lesspipe.sh. just remove the environment variables
$LESSOPEN from your /etc/profile and/or /etc/csh.cshrc .

or create a lesspipe.sh anywhere in your $PATH like this:

=-=-=-=-=- cut here =-=-=-=-=-=
#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
 *.Z) uncompress -c $1  2>/dev/null
 ;;
 *.gz) gzip -cd $1 2>/dev/null
 ;;
 *.bz2) bzip2 -cd $1 2>/dev/null
 ;;
esac

now you're able to view compressed files without manually
decompressing them.

by(e)
  flo
--
Graduate of the Darth Vader School of personel management