Re: switch of Debian

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 06:00:20AM -0800, Michael Wahl wrote:
Hi Michael
> Hello out there,
>
> After all I finally installed DEBIAN.
> And, what else, I have a question:
> When I successfully logout, a knew login appears. Know I switch of the
> computer. When I switch it on again, there is a check for some stuff.
> Is this right? Or have I not correctly finished it?

You must a Linux-Box "shut down"  before switch the computer off
If You don't do this, the Linux assumes there was a crash or
so what happened and check it configuration itselfs by coming up
so after Your work is finished log out
Log in as root and type shutdown -h 0
that means shutdown -h(system halt) 0 immediatley
other switch
shutdown -r 0    -r = reboot
also You can use
init 0 which also holds the system,