Re: Understanding apt-get

At 11:06 AM 12/10/1998 -0800, Pann McCuaig wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 06:32:51PM +0000, Phillip Deackes wrote:
>
>(Original Subject: RE: Debian very slow to get latest releases?)
>
>> I can't even beigin to understand apt-get.
>
>Then you haven't tried very hard.  :-)  It's dirt simple and you can
>see examples at

Just in defense of Phillip and other newbies; it may be dirt simple, but
when you're trying to learn a whole new paradigm full of gazillions of
dirt-simple things, each molehill seems like a large hill (a mountain might
seem unsurpassable, whereas we newbies know we'll eventually get things
sorted out).