KDE

Okay, I'm totally confused..

I know there is a KDE v1.0 out, but there aren't any .deb packages for it -
and I'm not quite ready to jump into source compiles yet, I'm still learning
how to use Linux.

I also know there is a 9803xx version of KDE, but have heard there are
problems with it.

There is also a pre-1.1 version, but I heard it is unstable.

So, those of you running KDE, what version should I get?  I'm willing to
experiment with compiling the source if I need to, and assuming there are some
good HOWTOs or docs that cover the process, I'm just confused on what version
actually works, and is available?

I'm running the current stable version of hamm.

Thanks,
Jay