Re: recommendation on presentation software

Pat,

    Maybe this is overkill for your needs, but
I find that the Personal Edition of StarOffice 5.0
meets the majority of my needs in replacing
Microsoft Office. It has a PowerPoint like product
included, and costs nothing (though I would
recommend spending the $40 to upgrade to a
commercial copy - I plan to.)

Have fun!
John

---pat@patoche.org wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i need to make a presentation, and i'd like to do it with my laptop
"a la"
> Powerpoint. (ie video output of laptop plugged on LCD retroprojector)
>
> But what i need in fact is far less, ie only to have a display of
some texts
> (various sizes/various colors) and waiting for me to press a key to
display the
> next screen, everythig in a window under X i will be able to stretch
to take the
> whole display.
> maybe insertion of graphs, but i can live without
>
> I need very basic capacities, as i won't have much time to create
the contents
> of the presentation either.
>
> so anyone knows something like that ? i only need it once but i need
it for next
> week, so i need it ASAP.
>
> I know that i'll be probably ok with few lines of {Perl,Tcl}/Tk but if
> something already exists, it will help me spend more time on
studying for my
> exams than on my keyboard (even if i would have preferred the other
way...)

> Thanks for the help,
>
> Patrick
>

> --