OFF TOPIC slashdot

Sorry about the offtopic post, please reply to me privately.
Does anyone know if there is a problem with slashdot.org at present.  I can't
resolve its ip address using the root domain servers. I can however resolve it
using some of the web hosted DNS checkers on peoples web sites. Also once I get
its ip address this way I can't ping it or browse it etc. Traceroute shows the
trail dying somewhere in the USA, (I am in the United Kingdom).

I would e-mail Rob Maldera directly but since I cant resolve his address I cant
mail him ...

Pat

Patrick Colbeck
Senior Technical Analyst
Azlan Ltd                               Tel:+44 (0)1904 691997
Lion House                              Fax:+44 (0)1904 692112
4 Pioneer Business Park
Clifton Moor                            Email:Pat.Colbeck@esc.azlan.co.uk
York
England