Re: Fetchmail lacks diplomacy skills

Hmmm.  Based on your .fetchmailrc contents you don't have the password set.
Do you have a password for your user mark?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Phillips <mark@ist.flinders.edu.au>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Date: Thursday, December 10, 1998 9:41 AM
Subject: Fetchmail lacks diplomacy skills

>I am trying to set up fetchmail to extract my email from university to my
>home machine.  It seems to start out okay, but falls down along the
>way.  Here's what I get:
>
># fetchmail
>Enter password for mark@adam.ist.flinders.edu.au:
>fetchmail: 4 messages (3 seen) for mark at adam.ist.flinders.edu.au.
>fetchmail: skipping message 1 not flushed
>fetchmail: skipping message 2 not flushed
>fetchmail: skipping message 3 not flushed
>fetchmail: reading message 4 of 4 (2413 bytes)  (log message incomplete)
>fetchmail: timeout after 60 seconds.
>fetchmail: client/server synchronization error while fetching from
>adam.ist.flinders.edu.au
>
>Any ideas of what is wrong?  Or how I could find out?
>
>My .fetchmailrc is as follows:
>
>set logfile = "/var/log/fetchmail"
>poll adam.ist.flinders.edu.au timeout 60 protocol pop3 user mark
>
>(And by the way, /var/log/fetchmail is empty.)
>
>Thanks for your help,
>
>Mark.
>
>_/~~~~~~~~\___/~~~~~~\____________________________________________________
>____/~~\_____/~~\__/~~\__________________________Mark_Phillips____________
>____/~~\_____/~~\________________________________mark@ist.flinders.edu.au_
>____/~~\HE___/~~\__/~~\APTAIN_____________________________________________
>____/~~\______/~~~~~~\____________________________________________________
/dev/null

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Mardo;Rino
FN:Rino Mardo
ORG:Obaid Humaid Al-Tayer;IT Department
TITLE:Network and Systems Administrator
NOTE:Certified Lotus Professional, R4 Administrator
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+971 4 825000
TEL;WORK;FAX:+971 4 824901
ADR;WORK:;;P.O. Box 2623;Dubai;;;United Arab Emirates
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:P.O. Box 2623=0D=0ADubai=0D=0AUnited Arab Emirates
URL:http://members.tripod.com/~rinom/
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:rmardo@lycosmail.com
EMAIL;INTERNET:rmardo@altayer.com
EMAIL;INTERNET:rmardo@hotmail.com