X server died when I wasn't at machine

Ok this freeked me out.  I come back to my machine after being away for
several ours and I am greeted with the xdm login screen.  I check my
uptime and the machine hadn't rebooted or anything.  So I check the
xdm-log and I find this:

-----
Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages

xdm error (pid 327): Server for display :0 terminated unexpectedly: 1536
-----

Now I am familiar with the signal 11 errors often found during kernel
compiles but there was nothing running on the machine except the usual
daemons, pppd and X.  Swap was at about 12M/128M(netscape of course).
I thought these signall 11's manifested themselves under high stress?
Do I need to keep an eye open?

Brian
							   - unknown