Debian very slow to get latest releases?

I used to use RedHat and when any software was updated it appeared on
the redhat ftp sites very quickly. I notice that already there are rpms
of the new XFree release (3.3.3) available.

I have scoured the debian ftp site and cannot find similar Debian
packages. How long is it likely to be before, say, XFree86 3.3.3 is
available for Debian?

OK, I do appreciate that the whole thing is maintained by volunteers,
and I am very grateful for the work they do. I am not moaning as much as
wondering - it seems that Slink has been frozen, and Potato is being
worked on - where do new releases of software appear?

Thanks.

--
Phillip Deackes
gsmh@gmx.net