SOT: Networking/Inquiry on 3Com 3C905B-TX

Because of all the trouble I had with my ISA SMC's, I am
considering the, ahem, "cheap" way out and get me new
Ethernet boards. I have been offered twisted-pair (RJ)
only PCI boards, 3Com 3C905B-TX, which I map tp
10Base-Tx, Cyclone B revision, aka `Boomerang', aka
EtherLink III XL.

Anything I should be aware of? Ethernet-HOWTO and
the 100mbs.html seem to be okay with this one,
except that multicast is not done in hardware
(the SMC EtherPower PCI with DEC 21140 seems to
be superior). This net is supposed to be used
for really excessive UDP networking tests
(client-server game), and I might want to experiment
with multicast as well.

                                        b.