Re: Just My 2 Cents

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 11:34:29AM -0800, Keith Beattie wrote:

> Well, I disagree.  Personally I dislike massively integrated
> applications like Outlook and Explorer.  They are too big, too slow
> and too complicated (to use and maintain).  And I'm convinced that my
[...]
> 	Create small programs that do a single task and do it well.
> 	Support a common communication mechanism so that each of these
> 	small programs can be used together to solve complex tasks.

Mmmmmh, Emacs is big, and IMHO pretty complicated. I don't want to say
that Emacs is a bad application - no, I really like it. But learning
how to use it cannot be regarded "easy". ;-)

Ciao,
  Jens

--
Jens D. Baumgartner <jdb@gmx.net>	PGP key: 6D4124BD
"Chaos always defeats order, because it is better organized."