Re: Help with Hard drive error messages

Daniel Mashao wrote:

> > What do the following errors mean:
> >
> > hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> > hda: dma_intr: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=1640763,
> > sector=103023
> > 0
> > end_request: I/O error, dev 03:06, sector 1030230
> > hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> > hda: dma_intr: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=1640763,
> Both my hardrives are new as in 6 months old. I must start learning to use
> a back-up system.

What make of hard drives do you have, if they are both exactly
the same, then that could be a bad batch (not that likely
though).

My harddirve is a segate, not sure of the exact model.

Have you installed linux before and had it running, or using
hdparm to improve performance.

Maybe it could be a changed bios setting....

Other than that I have no idea what those errors actually mean,
appart from trouble...

bye...