From: Tamas Nyitrai <defiant@telnet.hu>
To: John Greer <jgreer@selway.umt.edu>
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Date: Wednesday, December 09, 1998 12:52 AM
Subject: Re: Netscape install

>On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, John Greer wrote:
>
>> I was setting up Netscape last night on my machine, 2.0.34, X-
>> Windows, KDE.  I got libc5 installed and then when I tried to install
>> the motifn.... I got a dependency error stating that I need to install
>> xbase.  This is obviously installed.  Then when I tried to dpkg the
>> netscape.deb file I got dependency problems with libg++ and xlib6g
>> both of which I have.  I ran ldconfig to no avail to.  Any clues???
>
>Have you installed the oldlib version of those libraries? Since your
>Netscape is running with libc5, you have to install the non-glibc version
>of libg++ and xlib6 as well ...
>
>Hope this helps...
>
>Regards,
>Tamas
>

>--
/dev/null

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Mardo;Rino
FN:Rino Mardo
ORG:Obaid Humaid Al-Tayer;IT Department
TITLE:Network and Systems Administrator
NOTE:Certified Lotus Professional, R4 Administrator
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+971 4 825000
TEL;WORK;FAX:+971 4 824901
ADR;WORK:;;P.O. Box 2623;Dubai;;;United Arab Emirates
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:P.O. Box 2623=0D=0ADubai=0D=0AUnited Arab Emirates
URL:http://members.tripod.com/~rinom/
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:rmardo@lycosmail.com
EMAIL;INTERNET:rmardo@altayer.com
EMAIL;INTERNET:rmardo@hotmail.com