Re: First attempt

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, KTB wrote:

> I deleted the partion but my problem is I can't make more than that one
> partion.  When
> I try to change the FS Type I can't do that either.  I may be wrong but
> it seems my
> keyboard is screwed up.  For example when I try to make the first
> primary partion and
> it has a space to change the number of MB for that partion (the cursor
> is under the 6
> of 6149.89) and I press "5" I am kicked out to a menu about "Changing
> the geometry,"
> If I press the number "6" I end up at [logical] and so on.  My numbers
> lock light is
> not on when I am trying to load Debian.  Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Kent

Is this on a laptop, or a programmable keyboard, or a Microsoft keyboard,
or something similar?

Does your Numlock key not turn on numlock?

Can you use the numbers above the QWERTY keys?

Definitely don't use the numeric number pad if you Numlock light is not
lit; no telling what kind of weird behaviour you'll get.

--
Kent West
kent.west@infotech.acu.edu