Re: Linking Machines

Sean P. Mason wrote:
> Are there any well known programs out there that will let me run processes
> distributed, or will I have to do a whole load of digging?  =)

If you want to run programs on separate machines and display them on
just one, then telnet and X work just fine.

But if you want the same program to run on several machines at once, you
won't find any for everyday activites (mail, news, web, editing, etc).
If you want to write your own, there is a neat framework called DIPC
that allows inter-process communication across machines, using the
familiar IPC mechanism.  You can find this and others at
http://sal.kachinatech.com

-Mitch