Re: ???current directory in prompt in bash???

Rich Hartman wrote:
> Is there a way to have bash include the current directory in the
> prompt of bash? Actually, let me re-phrase that.... my "root" account
> DOES include the current directory in the the prompt, but I have no
> idea why or how... I've tried to copy my root's .bash_profile to my
> "regular-user's" .bash_profile, but it still doesn't work.... any
> ideas?

See other messages about how to add the \w to PS1, but what may
be getting you is that the .bash_profile will not be read in unless
you specifically have your shell set to /bin/bash in your /etc/passwd,
rather than getting it thru the symlink from /bin/sh

-Mitch