Re: dselect wants to remove crucial packages

Hello,

> How can I prevent dselect from wanting to remove crucial packges on my
> "potato" system?  The problem seems to be related to the libc6/dpkg issue.

I assume the problem is that when you try to exit out of the Select screen, it
insists on doing whatever it thinks is a good idea?

When you are in that last conflict-resolution screen, set it to be the way you
want (probably '=' for hold), or just shift-R to get it the way you had it
last time, and then press Q.

I have to do the same thing, since I installed ICQ from slink but didn't
upgrade libc6 (I didn't want to deal with __register_frame_info).

Alternatively, wait until the dust settles...

Jiri <jiri@baum.com.au>