Help - X meets my OLD monitor

Hey guys... I'm outta ideas on this one, so I'm posting here with the hopes
someone can help me out.

I'm trying to configure X on my system - it has an old Mitsuba monitor that I
can't seem to get specs on.  Here's what I DO know:

* Model  Mitsuba 710VH
* Under Win95, I can run 800x600 with no problem.
* Mitsuba doesn't have any clue how to get specs for the monitor - it's a
third party monitor to them, and the company that made them is out of
business.
* There are no specs on the monitor itself (other than power comsumption)
* I bought it used - no books.
*XF86Config works just fine (with VGA16 server), but I'd prefer to run the
SVGA server so I can use 800x600 mode.

Any ideas on how I can get SVGA server to run on this monitor?

TIA - Jay