installing onto a LS-120

  From:
        "Marc Ahrens" <mahrens@earthlink.net>

I bought a LS-120 and want to install Linux onto it.  It wouldn't let
me mount or partition it.  Please Help.  I really don't want to install
Linux onto my hard drive.  Thanks for whatever suggestions that you
might have.
On dos or windows your ls120 is drive A: or B:  Under linux it's
/dev/hdX (where hd is b,c, or d)  I installed my ls120 as a slave on
the second cable, so it is my /dev/hdd.  I have not tried to run fdisk
on it so I don't know if it CAN be partitioned but I suspect so.  If
you do this you will probably ruin the diskette for dos  use.  I
havn't tried putting a linux system on an ls120, but it can't think of
a reason why it won't work.  NOTE that the kernel MUST have ide floppy
support in it, which the default boot kernel on the install/rescue
disk DOES NOT.  That's probably your problem.  You must make a special
boot disk on another machine to be able to install onto an LS120.
Can't be a module if you want to BOOT of the ls120.