Re: ctx monitors

On Sun, Dec 06, 1998 at 08:56:43PM -0600, Chris Frost wrote:
> I'm thinking of buying a CTX PL9 monitor (19", 1600x1200@75Hz), what are
> people's feelings towards ctx or this monitor in paticular? I'm a student
> on a budget and this will be my monitor for the next 4/5 years so I just
> wanted to make sure I was making a good decision before I bought one.

    I had a referbished CTX 15" which lasted be a good two years.  After
that the blue & green channels would drop off from time to time.  It was a
loose connection somewhere.  Never got it fixed, but the monitor itself held
together.

    I'm now using a CTX 17", another referbished job.  No problems in over a
year.  So in my book CTX has a good record.  MAG also is something that I
would recommend and buy again.  They've always been good to me and my
associates.

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my