Re: multiple X servers?

shaleh@livenet.net (Shaleh) writes:

> I do this to test and debug window managers:
>
> simply xinit -- :1 --bpp 16
>
> or whatever args you need
>
> the -- means send these args to the X server.  xinit will read your xinitrc and
> all.

Hmmm, i only get this here when trying to start a second xserver the
way you propose:

----------------------snip------------------------
[pseelig]/home/pseelig > xinit -- :1 --bpp 16

Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
        If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
        and start again.

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
giving up.
xinit:  Connection refused (errno 111):  unable to connect to X
server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.
[pseelig]/home/pseelig >

Any idea how to get this running the way you intended it?

                          Thank you, P. *8^)
--
   --------- Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de> -----------