Re: install slink from Inet

>> the file
>> dists/frozen/main/disks-i386/2.1.0_1998-10-31/linux
>> is missing. What should I do to install slink from Inet?
>> Can I also use the hamm base system with the packages of slink? And later
>> update to the slink base?
>I'm not quite sure what file you are looking for.  The install images
>are the resc* and drv* files.  You also need the base* file accessable,
>either as the full tarball on a harddrive or zip, or as the split up files
>that can be written to a disk.  With that said, the resc disk is not ready
>in the above directory (unless my mirror is out of date).  You can get the
>latest from ftp://llug.sep.bnl.gov/debian/Incoming/ (warning, you will
>have to look through a lot of files).  I have heard one report that the
>drivers disks wasn't working properly (and a verification was also made).

Running the install.bat from the above dir will fail, lacking a kernel 2
load. Using the 2.0-linux-file ends up "root fs not found" or so after
starting Linux from install.bat.

>To answer you second question, you can install hamm and upgrade to
>slink.  Doing this will end up replacing everything from the install
>(except the configs and other necessary stuff).  Therefore, there is no
>reason to try to "update to the slink base", it's already been done.

I don't know much about Linux. I thought dselect will only uograde the
(add.) progams and the kernel is made by the install-procedure at the
"disks".