Jaz 1Gb on hamm dist

I have recently gotten v2.0 installed on my desktop, however, due to space
restrictions on my primary disk I am keeping the binaries, etc on a Jaz 1Gb
cartridges.

These cartridges were low leveled by the SYMBIOS 22801 controller prior to
being formatted by MS-DOS 6.22
MS-DOS 6.22 scandisk reported no errors or surface flaws.

Currently the Jaz device resides at /dev/sdc2, SCSI ID 6 on the A channel of
the controller.

In all version of DOS that I own (going back to PC-DOS v2.04) when I boot
with the Iomega drivers I can read the cartridges without any problems,
however, from Linux I get a mount error that reads: MSDOS filesystem not
found or too many devices mounted.

Since this is the only device I am trying to mount when this error occurs
and I have successfully mounted the CD-ROM I do not think I am out of mount
points.

I have tried the following methods:
mount -t vfat /dev/sdc2 /jaz
mount -t msdos /dev/sdc2 /jaz
mount /dev/sdc2 /jaz
mount -t nfs /dev/sdc2 /jaz

All return the same error about incorrect/unknown file system.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the correct method to mount this bugger?

- BOHICA